Friday 10 July 2009

Coastal Sunset


The sunset last night was something special to witness, although the colours in this photograph I managed to capture didn't stay around for too long. As ever with a sunset there is usually only a couple of minutes (sometimes seconds) to capture the moment, after waiting around for a good hour or so and thinking about taking a long walk back to the car this happened. As I was on a beach with very little other than miles of sand it was very hard to create a bit of foreground interest, I resisted the urge for the cheesy foreground driftwood, and concentrated on making the reflection and wave movement enough to make up for the lack of foreground, and I'm satisfied with the result. The sunset was glorious and goes to show that you just never know. In the background is lindisfarne castle and although it was the intended subject of the picture I had to change my mind quickly as the position of the sun demanded a wider angle. This kind of picture will work really well as a larger canvas print to bring out the castle in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment